1. I like to cook (and bake-see above cookies), and I make it a point to make a healthy, home-cooked meal for me and my boyfriend at least a few nights a week. Cooking Light is my favorite recipe resource. If you come visit me in NYC, chances are I’ll cook for you. Right, Ben?
2. I used to play basketball. When I was in middle school, I played in town league. This was during my “tall phase,” before everyone caught up to me. I’m still a pretty good shooter, and I definitely enjoy a good game of horse.
3. I like arts and crafts. In my free time, I have been known to color, scrapbook, and bead. My mom just taught me to knit, so I’ve been working on that too.
4. When I was in middle school and high school, I tutored Hebrew at my temple. In Massachusetts, I worked with kids preparing for their Bar or Bat Mitzvahs, and on Long Island, I worked with the slower learners who needed more individual attention to learn letters and sounds.
5. I can’t wear black and brown together. I know that supposedly it’s an acceptable thing now in the world of fashion, but it still makes me twitch. (P.S. Shameless plug for my fashion photo blog)
6. I have never been in the hospital except when I was born. Knock on wood, I haven’t even sprained anything.
7. Hippos are my favorite animal. I know it’s weird, but they are. You would love them too if you saw the stuffed hippo my boyfriend got me for my birthday four years ago. He’s the cutest thing ever! (My IRL friends Andrea and Dan will confirm this fact!)
8. I have five first cousins and they are all boys. I guess it makes up for the lack of brothers?
9. I really love ice cream… a lot. Low fat only, and my favorite flavors are: Cookie dough, cookies and cream, and cake batter.
10. I have five piercings, all in my ears (doubles in each ear, and cartilage in my right). For a while, I wanted to get my belly button pierced, but after I saw the hell my best friend went through, I wimped out.
I hope you learned something new and interesting about me! Now, it’s your turn. What’s something (or some things) I/we don’t know about you? Leave your answer(s) in the comments and/or write a post of your own and share the link below. Looking forward to learning more about you